Occupational Therapist in Metta School empowers to improve the student’s performance of tasks and activities important for successful school functioning to their fullest potential.
Our Occupational Therapist addresses functional skills in the educational environment and supports students who have difficulties with:
- Gross Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Skills (Handwriting & Manipulative skills,)
- Cognitive & Visual Perceptual Skills
- Motor Planning (praxis), Balance and Coordination skills
- Sensory Integration Abilities (Processing, Registration, Modulation and Discrimination skills)
- Pre-vocational and vocational Skills
- Play and social skills
- Self-care Skills
Occupational Therapy services are as follows:
- Direct Intervention: Occupational Therapist will conduct individual and group therapy sessions with the students to improve, restore, maintain or prevent deterioration in the skills required for functioning in the school environment.
- Indirect Intervention: Therapist will work together and guide teachers to carry out activities inside the classroom, playground, canteen etc.
- Provide consultation and support for parents and care givers to recommend home program to achieve student’s academic and functional goals.
- Occupational Therapist will conduct Assessment and Training on Pre-Vocational & Vocational areas in terms of job/work related skills for our students.
- Occupational Therapist will collaborate and consult with other Allied Health Professionals.