Psychological Services at Metta School
Psychological services at Metta School are concerned with children’s learning and development, working primarily with teachers and parents. The psychologist carries out a wide range of tasks with the aim of enhancing children’s learning and enabling teachers or parents to become more aware of different factors affecting teaching and learning.
Psychological services at Metta School are as follows:
- Comprehensive Assessment services.These are offered to children who are currently attending Metta School. The services include IQ tests, assessments of literacy and number skills, assessment of adaptive behaviour, and assessment of work skills aptitude.
- Admission Screening.The psychologist assesses and identifies suitable applicants for admission to Metta School.
- Behavioural intervention and counselling services. The psychologist does individual counselling or group work with students who are referred by the school staff or parents. He/she assists in teaching students how to develop effective cognitive skills, learning strategies, personal and social skills.
- Consultation services for teachers and parents. These are offered to help teachers and parents to understand better about a child’s learning or behaviour problems. Through discussing and working together among teachers, parents and psychologist, an appropriate intervention plan is decided upon and carried out.
- Programme Development and Implementation.The psychologist assists in the development of psychology programme objectives which address the three basic goals of service delivery: prevention, intervention, and remediation.